Experienced Lawyers Helping Ohio Truck Accident Victims
If you suffered injuries in a bus or truck accident, it is crucial to do a number of things as soon as possible. One of them is contacting an experienced personal injury lawyer who can walk you through the legal process and make sure you receive the full compensation you deserve. At Gervelis Law Firm, we are dedicated to helping truck accident victims get justice.
We are here to help you. In fact, if you cannot make it to our office, we will meet with you at home or in the hospital. To schedule your free initial consultation, call toll free 888-325-3452 or contact us online today.
What You Should Do
First of all, before signing anything or making a statement to an insurance company, it is critical to discuss your situation with an attorney from our firm. We will guide you through this process from beginning to end, making sure you do not sign away any of your rights.
After your truck accident, we will help you to:
- Seek appropriate medical care for everyone involved in the accident, and cooperate fully with the police
- Obtain the names and phone numbers of any witnesses and, if possible, take photographs of the vehicles involved in the accident as well as the accident scene
- Gather all of your important insurance information such as policy documents, declaration sheets, accident information and medical bills
- Identify all insurance that is available to cover your car damage. It may be to your advantage to present the claim to your own insurance company rather than the other driver's insurance company.
- We cannot stress the importance of this enough: do not to sign anything for the insurance company involving your injury claim or give them any recorded statements about the accident until you have had a chance to see the accident report and speak with a lawyer
- Report your accident to your insurance company. This is usually required by the police.
Do You Have More Questions?
If you have additional questions about what to do after a truck accident or how you can best approach your situation from a legal standpoint, we encourage you to contact us today and schedule a free initial consultation at our Warren/Niles, Canfield/Boardman, Youngstown, Ravenna/Streetsboro or East Liverpool/Salem office. We are here to help.